2008年1月7日 星期一

Hilary Swank


Hilary Swank has always been a dreamer. But lately, her life has been a dream come true. She won the Oscar for Best Actress at last year's Academy Awards. As she accepted the award for Million Dollar Baby, her voice cracked with emotion. "I don't know what I did . . . to deserve this. I'm juat a girl from a trailer park who had a dream."
Hilary was born in 1974 in Lincoln, Nebraska. But soon after, her family moved to Bellingham, Washington. That is where the little girl's dreams began.

Hilary's early childhood was one of humble beginning. But the nature-loving young girl found joy in the beautiful scenery surrounding their trailer. Neighboring Lake Samish become one of her favorite getaways.
When she wasn't at the lake, Hilary played school sports. She turned out to be a strong athlete, winning 5th place in the state gymnastics competition. At the age of 9, she starred in her first play, the Jungle Book. And from that point on, she had the acting bug. She began performing regularly in school and communityplays.

Not everyone believed in Hilary's acting abilities. But her mom, Judy, wholeheartedly supported her. When Hilary's parents separated in 1990, Judy and Hilary moved to Hollywood. It was a difficult decision because they only had $75 and a gas credit card.
After arriving in L.A., they spent the first two weeks sleeping in their car. Judy quickly found a job. And Hilary enrolled in high school. She soon dropped out when she begam getting small TV roles. Eventually, Hilary finished her education through a correspondence course.

In 1992, Hilary landed her first movie role. It was the first of many small roles. But in 1999, her career changed dramatically. That's when she auditioned for and won the role play in Boys Don't Cry. Hilary's powerful performance earned her the Oscar for Best Acterss.
Surprising, her next few roles were forggetable-then Million Dollar Baby came along. In addition to the Best Actress award, she receive great praise from director and co-star Clint Eastwood, "She's the best there is, as good an actress as I've worked with," Eastwood said.

Hilary's friends describe her as completely down-to-earth-a movie star who rides the subway. "I use the subway all the time," she says. "My job is about playing people-watching in the world."
Hilary is keeping busy these days with three new movies in the works. The hard-working actress recently explained why she is so motivated.
"My mom said . . . I could do anything I wanted in my life-as long as I worked hard enough." Hilary is living proof her mom was right.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
summary:

The article is talk about that Hilary Swank--a young actress--is living the dream of a lifetime.
She has won the Oscar for the Best Actress twice,Because her hard-working, she made her dreams come true.
Although Hilary grew up poor, her mom supported her dream to become an actress.
Her friends describe Hilary as completely down-to-earth.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Useful Words:
1.bug-to be fascinated, to be captivated
2.enroll-enter the school
3.land-possess
4.intact-undamaged
5.avid-hearty,
7.celebrity-a well-known person
8.down-to-earth-realistic, simple in style

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
After I read this article I have some thoughts:

Everyone has a dream. Wants to realize the dream, We have to pursue it surefooted and try our best, instead of waiting the dream to approach us and lives in a world of fantasy.
I have a dream, I want to go abroad to pursue advanced studies after I graduate from the university, after the studies I hope I can enter a dining management and food management company and be a manager in that company. Now, I study hard I practice English everyday and I have to learn second foreign language. Besides, I have to learn how to be a good leader in a group, and have a good organize ability. There are many things I have to learn. I hope one day my dream can come true.

沒有留言: